Tuition Assistance and Scholarships
We are aware that parents and guardians have a choice to make about their child’s high school education. Sending a student to Mission College Prep is a significant investment. We cannot meet all needs, however we are committed to doing the best that we can. The process of applying for tuition assistance relies on good communication between the parents/guardians and the school. We ask that you communicate with us regarding your circumstances and walk through the tuition assistance process with us.
Tuition Assistance Information
- 2018–2019 Costs $15,800 (tuition, registration, capital improvement fee)
- Total tuition assistance awarded for the 2018–2019 school year over $800,000
- Average award $6,200
- Award packages may include a combination of a grant and work/study.
Tuition Assistance Application Process
- The student must complete an admissions application to Mission College Prep.
- The family must complete the FACTS Grant Aid & Assessment application. The link to the online FACTS tuition assistance application can be found here: Mission Prep 2019-2020 FACTS Tuition Assistance Application.
- FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment completes an analysis of all applications for tuition assistance and provides MCP with an assessment.
- The MCP Tuition Assistance Committee meets and makes decisions.
- Mission College Prep will notify families of their awards prior to Registration in March if the FACTS Application was submitted by Janauary 28, 2019.
- Tuition Assistance Applications received after January 28, 2019 will be processed as received.
- Valedictorian Scholarship
- Mission Scholarship
- Cover Sheet with Student Name and Current School
- Typed Essay (Max. 1500 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (non-family members)
- Official Transcript for 7th grade and 1st semester 8th grade
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Do you give athletic or academic or arts scholarship?
- A: 80-90% of tuition assistance is needs based, but some financial assistance will be based on academic excellence in outstanding students. Mission College Prep does not offer athletic scholarships.
- Q: Does tuition stay the same every year?
- A: Historically there is a 4% to 8% tuition increase annually.Tuition increases are based on registration numbers and so are variable. MCP makes no guarantees about the cost of tuition by providing this information.
- Q: Is there a tuition discount for siblings?
- A: We do not offer sibling discounts. The cost of sending multiple children to private school is taken into consideration when assessing a family's demonstrated need through the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment application. If this additional cost creates a demonstrated financial need for assistance, financial aid awards will be offered accordingly.
- Q: How is financial need determined?
- A: Mission Prep uses the services of a third-party recommendation from FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, which is then reviewed by the Mission Prep financial aid committee.
- Q: Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year?
- A: Families must reapply for financial aid each year. If there is little or no change in the family circumstances, a family can expect that a financial aid award will be renewed at the same level, bearing in mind that any tuition increase will be shared between the family and Mission College Prep. If there is a significant increase in family need, Mission Prep will attempt to accommodate that need. Likewise, if the family’s need decreases, the appropriate adjustment will be made to the financial aid recipient to reflect the family’s increased ability to contribute to their student’s educational expenses.