The Mission College Prep International Program is students from outside the United States interested in a one-year to multiple-year home-stay high school program. We welcome applications from international students and value the cultural diversity and individual gifts that international students bring to the student body. We encourage students who are bright, inquisitive, imaginative and compassionate to apply.
This program is highly competitive, and we accept a limited number of students in Grades 9, 10, and 11 each year. We currently have students attending from Spain, China, South Korea, and Vietnam.
- One-year and multiple-year programs available.
- Full immersion: International Students whose English level is sufficient attend classes alongside all the other students.
- Success in our curriculum is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to course material in writing. While we provide Academic English Workshop courses, we do expect international students to be proficient in English speaking, reading and writing.
Applying for Admission
Mission College Prep accepts international student applications on a rolling basis throughout the school year.
International high school students applying for admission should follow the instructions listed below. Please contact Director of Enrollment Management Ryan Weisenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org or 805 543-2131 ext. 404) if you have any questions.
An international student’s application must include the following:
2. TOEFL or IELTS Results
3. Transcript/Grade Report for Previous Two School Years
- Math Teacher Recommendation
- English Teacher Recommendation
- Administrator/Counselor Recommendation
5. Copy of front page of passport
6. Translated immunization records
6. Interview via Skype (All candidates must demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English)
Supporting documents should be mailed to:
Mission College Preparatory
Office of Admissions
682 Palm Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Or emailed to:
Director of Enrollment Management, Ryan Weisenberg, email@example.com