For the fifth year in a row, MCP’s Troupe 7903 of the International Thespian Society made a trip to the California State Thespian Festival. 19 student delegates and 4 adult chaperones joined attendees from 61 high schools, to spend three days celebrating excellence in high school theatre. Students prepared pieces for professional adjudication, auditioned and interviewed for scholarships, attended theatre workshops, and watched performances representing the best in the state. Delegates from MCP at the Festival this year were: Mac Black, Genevieve Blauvelt, Isabelle Clayton, Katie Cole, Breanna Donlon, Hank Gibbs, Whitney Klo, Robert Lammert, Tisha Lardizabal, April Lee, Max Levin, Sophia MacKinnon, Hannah Naccasha, Maile Raventos, Leah Rosales, Karl Schumacher, Peter Schumacher, Bailey von Dohlen, and Cayden Wemple.
Several Mission students received special recognition during the festival:
• Katie Cole was cast as a one of the first-ever vocalists for the All-State Opening Number, a rousing medley from Matilda the Musical, including costumes and choreography.
• Genevieve Blauvelt was chosen as the All-State Audio lead for the Opening Number, and received an Outstanding Technician Award for Audio
• Breanna Donlon was cast as a featured dancer for the All-State Closing number, a fully-staged selection from the musical, The Theory of Relativity.
• Karl Schumacher and Peter Schumacher were chosen to be on the new All-State Projections crew for the Closing Number.
• Cayden Wemple placed First in Friday’s talent Showcase, with a performance of his original song, “Something to Complain About”.
Join us in congratulating these students on their accomplishments and watch the video to see more of the festival and some familiar faces!